Addictions We Treat
Alcohol Addiction Treatment
The Facts on Alcohol Addiction
Over time, too much alcohol can change the function of one’s brain and cause a slew of health problems, ranging from liver disease, heart issues and bone damage to increased risk of cancer, weakened immune system and even eye issues. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths in the U.S. between 2006-2010 and was responsible for 1 in 10 deaths among working-age adults between the ages of 20 and 64.
The Estate Approach
Alcohol Treatment at The Estate
It’s a research-based therapeutic experience that offers important recovery lessons about trust, communication, perseverance, team-building and other tools for overcoming obstacles to sobriety. Traditional drug addiction treatments including CBT, DBT and EDMR are also part of our individualized care.
Risk Factors for Your Loved Ones
• Drinking too much for an extended period of time
• Early alcohol use, especially binge drinking
• Family history of alcohol addiction
• Mental health disorders
• History of trauma
• Influence of family, peers and role models to drink too much
Signs of Alcohol Addiction
• Unusually high alcohol tolerance – Need to drink excessively to feel the effects.
• Being secretive – Lying about or hiding alcohol from friends and family.
• Frequent lapses in memory – Temporary amnesia due to blackouts.
• Engaging in risky activities – Putting themselves and/or others in physical danger such as driving while drinking.
• Problems at school or work — Frequent absences, sudden disinterest or poor performance.
• Changes in lifestyle – Foregoing favorite hobbies in favor of drinking and core friends for new ‘drinking buddies’.
• Behavior changes – Irrational behavior or mood swings, increased conflicts with family and friends, or sudden isolation.
• Money issues – Sudden requests for money without explanation, money or other items stolen from you.
Learn More About the Signs & Symptoms of the Addictions We Treat
The Estate is LegitScript-Certified